Research Fellow in Hydrodynamic Modeling at the National University of Singapore
The Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering at National University of Singapore invites applications for a postdoctoral research position in hydrodynamic modeling.
The candidate is required to be involved in hydrodynamic modeling of Southeast Asian waters. He/she will have the opportunity to develop and contribute research skills, domain knowledge and expertise to the research project. The candidate will also benefit from the exposure to intellectual exchange and networking through participation in conferences and other meetings.
- Applicants should have a PhD in Civil, Environmental, Ocean or Coastal Engineering, Physical Oceanography or a closely related field. (Applicants who are currently about to complete their PhDs may also apply.)
- Applicants are required to have experience in unstructured-grid hydrodynamic models, solid programming skills in C and be comfortable working in a parallel computing environment
- Able to write research papers in English
- Able to converse well in English
- A understanding of, or experience using, both quantitative and qualitative research methodologies would be preferred
- Experience in numerical modelling and paper publication preferred.
The initial term of appointment will be for 12 months, with possibility of extension subject to satisfactory performance. The remuneration and benefits are internationally competitive, and commensurate with qualifications and experience.
To apply, please send the following via email to Dr. Vivien Chua at email@example.com:
- Cover letter
- Curriculum vitae
- One or two peer-reviewed publication in a journal or conference proceeding
- Contact information for three references
The National University of Singapore (NUS) is a leading global university; ranked 1st in Asia and 22nd globally in the 2014/2015 Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) World University Rankings. The NUS Department of Civil & Environmental Engineering [www.eng.nus.edu.sg/cee] in turn has been ranked 7th in the Civil & Structural Engineering category, and 14th in the Environmental Sciences category.
Information about working and living in Singapore is available at http://www.contactsingapore.sg/
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
(We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified)