HF Radar Technician Position – Western Australia
Australia’s Integrated Marine Observing System (IMOS) was established in 2007 to provide data streams from a range of oceanographic sensors from oceans around Australia, making them freely and openly available for use by the Australian and global marine and climate science community. Australian Coastal Radar Network (ACORN) is a IMOS facility which operates HF radar systems (WERA and CODAR SeaSonde) at 12 observation stations across 6 sites around Australia. This is an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic group of scientists and engineers and to be responsible for the efficient operation of the HF radar system providing data to the scientific community.
To be considered for this role, you will demonstrate:
- Bachelor’s degree (MSc preferred) in engineering, marine science or related fields or equivalent experience
- Extensive experience in scientific and systems programming – preferably experience with Matlab, Perl, C, PHP and different operating systems (Linux, Mac, Windows).
- Technical and practical knowledge of HF ocean radar systems, particularly with data streams
- Excellent communications skills, along with the ability to develop strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to work in an interdisciplinary environment and the ability to work both independently and as a part of a team
- A willingness to contribute to the supervision of postgraduate students
- Excellent organisation and time management skills and proficiency in a range of computing skills.
Closing date: Thursday 14 April 2016
Although it is mentioned that “This position is only open to applicants with relevant rights to work in Australia”, we will be accepting international applicants but preference will be given to Australian applicants.
Additional details and applications:
Posted on: 12/04/2016, by : WICGE_admin