Head of Department Coastal & Offshore
Our knowledge of water environments is second-to-none. It represents 50 years of dedicated research and real-life experience from more than 140 countries.
With more than 1000 employees, we strive to make this knowledge globally accessible to clients and partners by channelling it through our local teams and unique software.
During the last years, our office in France has expanded its marine services and is today recruiting a new Head for its Coastal & Offshore Department.
· Project management of ongoing major marine projects and coastal engineering/modelling studies (shoreline management, metocean design, water forecast, reclamation and dredging, etc.)
· Preparation of technical and financial proposals to secure new projects
· Team leadership and mentoring of local staff
· Maintain and develop relations with existing and potential clients
· Drive the commercial and strategic activities of the department
Knowledge and skills:
- MSc or equivalent experience within hydraulics and oceanography
- More than 5yrs work experience within modelling for marine applications
- Proven track record of project management
- Fluent French and English
- Able to work and cooperate in an international team
- Strong technical and analytical skills
- Capacity to manage multidisciplinary projects
- Good technical reporting skills, writing and communication skills
· Undertake business development
- Able to take initiatives
· A certain amount of travelling abroad
- Experience with MIKE Powered by DHI suite of numerical models
- Extensive knowledge of sediment transport processes and coastal zone dynamics Programming knowledge
· Permanent employment
· Starting date: ASAP
· Workplace: Nantes, France
Please submit your application including CV as soon as possible on http://www.dhigroup.com/careers . For further information please contact Ms Hélène Brisson, phone number: +33 02 4048 4040.